Don’t want to visit the salon every time you need to wax? You can easily get it done in the privacy of your home. In this article, we will discuss how to make sugar wax in detail!!
How to make sugar wax at home?
- A cup of white sugar
- 1/8th cup of lemon juice
- 1/8th cup of water
- Pour ingredients in medium-sized pot, place on stove, and bring it to a boil on high heat.
- Keep stirring so the mixture doesn’t stick to the pot or burn.
- Reduce to medium heat once the mixture bubbles. Don’t stop stirring.
- When the mixture turns golden brown, turn off stove and remove the pot.
- Check consistency to ensure it is like hot syrup.
- Pour in a bowl and cool for 30 minutes.
Why is DIY sugar wax better than shaving?
It is a much better method for hair removal as compared to shaving, because the latter could lead to ingrown hairs in coarser hair types and hair grows back quickly. On the other hand, sugar wax pulls the hair from the root, so the results last longer.
How to use homemade sugar wax?
Hold wax between tips of fingers and thumb and spread it in the direction of hair growth.
Pull skin tightly with other hand and pull off wax swiftly in opposite direction (motion should be parallel and not upward).
Store leftover mixture in plastic container at room temperature.
How to make sugar wax without lemon?
You can use the same recipe as mentioned above. Just add apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice.
How to make sugar wax with honey?
Use 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of water. Follow the preparation as mentioned for the homemade sugar wax.
It is really simple to prepare sugar wax at home. Moreover, you can use it at your convenience, rather than waiting for an appointment at a salon!