What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a long-term, chronic skin disease that manifests in the form of a rash with itchy, scaly patches, and most commonly found on the knees, elbows, trunk and scalp.
It can be really painful, interfere with sleep, and make it tough to focus. This condition generally goes through cycles flaring for a few weeks or months, then subsiding for a while.
Medicines, cold, dry weather; stress, skin injuries, alcohol, smoking, etc. can act as triggers.
- Patches of red inflamed skin or rashes that are often covered with loose, silver-coloured scales. In severe cases, these patches grow and merge, covering large areas.
- Scaly plaques on the scalp that can cause severe itching.
- Itchiness, burning sensation, or soreness on skin.
- Painful areas that can crack or bleed when scratched.
- Problems with your fingernails and toenails, including discouloration and pitting. Nails could crumble or start getting detached from the nail bed.
Plum oil has anti-inflammatory properties that helps soothing skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Moroccan red clay is gentle and helps reduce inflammation on the skin from scalp irritations like psoriasis and eczema.