What is dry skin?
This is a skin type, which makes the skin look and feel itchy, scaly, rough, or flaky. Some individuals have naturally dry skin. Even if your skin type is oily, you could develop dry skin from time to time.
Dry patches can manifest anywhere on the body, and affects people of all ages. Also known as xerosis or xeroderma, it has many causes like cold or dry weather, over-bathing, sun damage, harsh soaps, ageing, etc.
- Skin starts to feel overly tight, scaly, and rough.
- Slight to severe flaking skin, which causes the ashy look that can affect dry brown and black skin.
- Skin becomes very itchy and irritable at times. It could lead to peeling.
- Fine lines and cracks are very common. You might also experience deep cracks that bleed.
- Skin that ranges from reddish on white skin to grayish on brown and black skin.
These products are amazing to hydrate your skin.