Tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil, is an essential oil that comes from steaming the leaves of the Australian tea tree. It is available as an oil in a bottle and used in several skincare products like facial masks, soaps, and lotions.
It can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions due to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-microbial and nourishing properties. Tea tree oil is commonly used to treat acne, athlete's foot, lice, nail fungus and insect bites.Benefits:
- Prevents excessive dryness, peeling of skin, and redness – those with dry skin can safely use it.
- Leaves you with natural, glowing and flawless skin.
- It kills acne-causing bacteria, while penetrating deep into the pores to remove toxins and prevent clogging.
- It reduces inflammation and lightens scars – it is useful in treating eczema and reducing psoriasis.
- Moisturises skin thoroughly and restores skin’s natural oil balance.