Rose water is actually a by-product of making rose water essential oil. The water left behind when roses are being distilled for their oils is what makes up the rose water. Its versatile nature makes it the ideal go-to product. It is safe to use on even the most sensitive skin types - oily, dry, normal, combination, and acne prone. It has an amazing cooling effect on the skin. It also has the ability to smooth, brighten and nourish uneven complexions. Apart from soothing the skin, it has a refreshing aroma that stimulates the nerves and promotes a sense of well-being and ease. In fact, some versions of rose water have been used to add flavour to desserts and other dishes too.
Rose water has calming, cooling, and soothing properties, while having astringent and anti-inflammatory qualities as well. It helps balance the skin’s PH levels, which is why it is commonly applied to red and blemished areas. Using it as a toner is an effective treatment for acne, because it functions like an antiseptic. It can control sebum production on irritated, sensitive, dry and uneven skin. This helps improve your outer skin barrier’s ability to heal naturally. Its antioxidant properties strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- It is a natural solution for calming irritations, redness, and allergies and healing scars, wounds, and cuts.
- Prevents excess oil production, so your skin can naturally hydrate, revitalise and moisturise, especially when the weather is hot.
- It cleans blocked pores, allowing them to breathe, and tones the skin.
- The phenylethanol in the rose water destroys bacteria that cause acne and prevents ugly breakouts.
- It can be used as a solution for signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Works wonders for those with sensitive skin and conditions like eczema and psoriasis.