Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and versatile essential oils used in aromatherapy. Distilled from the plant Lavandula angustifolia, the oil promotes relaxation and believed to treat fungal infections, allergies, eczema, etc. It is distilled using steam so all the benefits of lavender remain intact without being contaminated by acetone or hexane used in solvent extraction methods.
Since this is multipurpose oil, it has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- It kills acne-causing bacteria that could infiltrate your pores. It prevents and heals painful breakouts.
- Lavender oil does a stellar job at balancing your skin’s moisture barrier, so that it isn’t too oily or overly dry.
- Suffering from redness, blotches, sunburn and acne scarring? Let the oil soothe and heal skin that is irritated or reddened from the sun, insect bites, or bacteria.
- The oil purges toxins from the skin, thus purifying it.
- Helps to fight signs of ageing too.