Apricot kernel oil is a lightweight carrier oil that is pressed from the oil-rich kernels of apricots. It was traditionally used in Chinese medicine to treat swelling, ulcers, tumours, and other malignant growths, an ancient application that circulated around the world and continued to be used for the same purpose in 17th century England. It is used for skin, hair, and health care for its softening, hydrating, rejuvenating, and nourishing properties.
Apricot kernel oil is Mother Nature’s blend of many different ingredients. There are vitamins, antioxidants, fatty acids, essential fatty acids and more. Each is unique and each is beneficial for skin. Out of each group, apricot oil’s high content of antioxidants makes it especially strong in protecting, preventing and rejuvenating all skin types.
- Since apricot kernel oil contains high amounts of Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant naturally found in your skin’s own sebum, it replenishes the skin’s natural antioxidant reserves. That is why it greatly reduces appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It is deeply absorbed into the skin, when added topically due to its thin consistency – it penetrates well, leaving the skin smooth and soft.
- Apricot oil is packed with antioxidants that prevent the oil in your pores from getting oxidized and turning black, thus you can say goodbye to blackheads. Moreover, your pores look smaller and are less visible.
- Dry and mature skin types are slow and uneven in their skin cell renewal making your skin tone look dull and uneven, but using this oil can make your skin brighter with a dewy tone, as it has loads of Vitamin A.
- It reseals the barrier of your skin and helps retain moisture, so your skin stays hydrated at all times.
- It is nourishing and soothing for irritated and inflamed skin.