What is super sensitive skin?
Also known as hypersensitive skin, it is a common and very unpleasant condition, where the skin is extra-reactive to different factors of varying harshness that are well tolerated by normal skin.
It is a more extreme version of sensitive skin. Sensations like itchiness, stinging, burning, etc. can occur, along with visible reactions, when sufferers come into contact with usually innocuous internal or external stressors such as extreme temperature, chemicals or UV rays.
It could even happen due to application of beauty products, certain medications, etc.
- Red and inflamed skin that is usually itchy and irritable. At times, there could be blushing, flushing, red bumps, or red dilated blood vessels.
- Conditions like couperose, psoriasis, rosacea, eczema, etc.
- Stinging and burning sensations.
- Overly dry skin with flaking, cracking, peeling, or even bleeding.
- Prone to breakouts with red bumps or bumps filled with pus.
- Skin gets sunburnt easily.
If you have super sensitive skin at the moment, start your skincare routine with products that are free from essential oils like our Desert Date Oil and our Sugar Plum Face and Body Butter.